FAQ

How does this work?

Mine for Good utilizes browser-based crypto mining to generate revenue that is then distributed to organizations supporting the chosen cause. At least 90% of the proceeds will be donated to these organizations with the other 10% being used to support the site's operations.

For more on crypto mining, what it is and how it works, webopedia put together a decent article - read the article

How effective is this?

As you might've guessed, this method of support is almost assuredly not the most effective tool in your arsenal. At every level of indirection, some efficiency is lost. If you really want to make an impact for the causes you support, the best way is to donate directly and / or provide your active support to their operations.

Mine for Good does not hope to be the end-all, be-all of fundraising. In fact, our efficacy is largely bound to the state of the cryptocurrencies on which we run which historically has been quite volatile. The niche we hope to fill, then, is when individuals want to do _something_ but not sure what. Our site will always (we hope) be there so you can use it while you plan your next moves.

How was this built?

Check out the project page

Have more questions we didn't answer here?

Contact us directly